Your airport experience may be slightly different due to Covid-19. Measures to keep you safe may be in place from social distancing to fewer airport amenities open. To find full information on what to expect visit the website of the airport you are traveling from, both in the UK and your holiday destination.
We’ve put together some information below to give you an idea of what to expect at the airport:
- It’s really important to leave yourself plenty of extra time to make your way through check-in and security as there may be a delay with different practices in place to keep to social distancing.
- In England, Scotland and Wales you must wear face masks at the airport
- In Northern Ireland it is recommended that you wear a face covering
- Depending on the airport you are flying from you may need a temperature check before entering the airport
- Staff will be wearing face coverings in passenger areas of the airport in the UK
- Hand sanitiser stations are available at most airports
- Protective screens will likely be in place at check-in desks and other areas you may need to come in to contact with airport staff
- In some areas of the airport a one-way system may be in place to help make social distancing easier